Saturday, August 15, 2015

Welcome to Brooke Finlayson Photography!

I have always loved photographs. Capturing memories through photos has always been something that's meant a lot to me. I have boxes upon boxes of prints from growing up before the digital age, and I am quickly maxing out the space on my external hard drives. Growing up, I used to drive my Mom crazy with the constant request to get prints made at the drug store of my various school productions or social events with my friends. And I always made sure to get "doubles" so that I could hand out the extra copies to all of my friends, divvied up in personalized, labeled envelopes. My friends quickly deemed me the "picture queen". Now with the boom of technology, I have the luxury of constantly having my phone with me and the ability to snap photos whenever I feel the need! So, as I've made clear, photography has always meant a lot to me. But now, since the birth of my daughter 3 years ago, it means even more. Everyday, I see time going by as she grows and I am so grateful to be able to look back at the precious moments that we've had the luxury of saving throughout her lifetime. The camera allows me to freeze fleeting, but very special moments in time. And I love being able to do that with my family. I've recently taken a greater interest in expanding my knowledge of photography and the camera, as well as exploring the artfulness of my eye. And I have found such a thrill out of being able to capture these moments for others! For me, there is such satisfaction in being able to share the magic and special moments I see in others, whether it be the sparkle of a child's eye, the innocence of a sleeping baby, the loving moment between a family or couple, or the brief flashes of beauty that nature often shares with us. As I explore this passion and continue to practice and learn, it is my hope and eventual goal to be able to one day be able to transform from a hobby to a profession, But, in the meantime, I am using this blog as a way to share my photographs and my photo shoots with others as well as use it as a portfolio building tool. I love taking photos and it excites me in a way that is hard to put into words, but hopefully is made evident through my lens!
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." - Aaron Siskind




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful start to your blog! I see you turning this into a profession sooner than later! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful start to your blog! I see you turning this into a profession sooner than later! <3

    ReplyDelete